Tuesday 20 September 2011

Potato Gravy/Aloo Gojju

This is one of my fav gojju which I learned it from my mum...This is very very easy to make and tasty to eat...with hot rice and a tsp of coconut oil....wow....I love it any time....


Ingredients:
Potato 1 big boiled and skinned
Dry Red chilly 4+ extra 1for tempering
Fresh grated coconut 1cup
Sesame 1tsp
coconut oil 1tsp
mustered seed 1/2 tsp
Hing a pinch
curry leave 3-4
salt to taste
tamarind paste 1/2tsp

Preparation:
chopped the boiled potato and keep aside.

In a pan heat 1/4 tsp of coconut oil add chilly and sesame fry for 2 mins.



and add this to a blender also add tamarind paste salt and coconut

and blend.The paste should not be very smooth.Now transfer this to a serving bowl.




Add chopped potato to this and mix well..

Heat rest of the oil add hing,mustered curry leaf and red chilly(cut in to 2-3 pieces),once it crackles add hind,turn of the heat and dip this in to potato gravy gooju before serving.....


This gravy can be served mainly with rice..or also can be used as side dish....






glitter-graphics.com

8 comments:

  1. Nice flavors n cool ingredients ~ I have never cooked potatoes like this n seeing your yummy pics now I can't wait to try :) Thanks for sharing my dear!
    USMasala

    ReplyDelete
  2. New recipe to me,gravy looks delicious..love the spice mix,thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First time here....
    gravy sounds new to me....
    will soon give a try

    glad to follow u :)

    Visit my space when u find time.

    ArunaManikandan
    http://ensamayalkuripugal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow gojju looks super delicious and inviting..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Though we make diff varities of gojjus at home, this one is totally new to me..!!! Nice blend of flavors & pretty easy to make too..Thx for this recipe dear..Im bookmarking this!!!
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love gujju at my kannadiga friends place. But never heard of aloo gujju its totally new to me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too good recipe. I loved it.. Also, I love the photographs you click... Thank you.

    ReplyDelete